My personal story
My journey started with the birth of my son while living in Switzerland as an expat. I could never imagine what was about to come. My son was born with FPIES (Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome) thus he was suffering since the day he was born.
Our newborn baby was crying all day and all night long and the doctor suggested that it was colic and it will get better. Things didn't get better though and soon I knew that I had to figure it out by myself.
What came next was endless online searching to help my baby stop suffering. Soon I discovered that the only treatment for FPIES is to avoid the allergens all together. So, Ι started introducing foods in my diet to figure out from my baby's symptoms which ones were causing him inflammation in the intestines. I was preparing special foods and writing down every single detail like some crazy scientist. In the meantime, I was struggling to breastfeed because of my low milk production, a tongue tie and several other obstacles.
I experienced exhaustion, pain, extreme sleep deprivation, emotional breakdown, fear and guilt. Some days I felt like everything I did was wrong or like I didn't have the strength to deal with this situation. I had lost myself and my personal needs were in the freezer for several months to come. All I wanted was my baby to stop suffering.
Fast forward, 4 months later, I had managed to be an expert in his condition. And I had managed to heal my son’s system. But... he still couldn’t sleep. I needed to connect the dots and finally help him sleep and me keep my sanity. It was then when I started studying about sleep, nutrition, psychology and everything else that could be affecting him. It was a revealing and enlightening journey. Followed by many "aha" moments. Not only I got educated in several areas, but I expanded my holistic way of thinking and transformed myself in a profound level, at the same time.
The outcome of this journey was:
- To be able to help my son be the restful and happy little guy that he is today
- To establish a powerful connection with my instincts. This also gave me a strong confidence as a parent.
- To learn how to listen to "his story" to figure out the way to resolve the challenges one by one.
- To build an honest and secure relationship while we were learning to heal our wounds together.
- To find my own though and reasoning to my decisions.
- To put my boundaries.
- To find balance in my family life.
- To love my partner better.
Through this journey I managed to grow in several levels and be happier and more liberated than I had ever been before in my life. Still working on this project. This journey made me who I am today. A person who understands the power of challenges and the value and opportunities that lie within.
- Certified Holistic Sleep Practitioner as "Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant" from IPHI of America
- Member of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants (APSC) and the International Association of Child Sleep Consultants (IACSC)
- Several course and seminars around sleep.
Psychology and Trauma
- Education in Childhood and Adolescence (Kapodistrian university)
- Child Psychology (New Skills Academy)
- Trauma, Parents, Kids and Parenting (NCTSN)
- Treating Complex Trauma (PESI)
- Neuroplasticity Diploma (Centre of Excellence)- on going
Family System and Couples
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 (The Gottman Institute).
- Family Resilience (NCTSN)
- Social Work Practice with Individuals, Families, and Small Groups (University of Michigan)
A few things about me.
I am the mother of a 4 year old boy and the partner of a wonderful man.
I am from Greece living in Switzerland with my family since 2016.
I love reading and studying about psychology, parenting, sleep, well-being, relationships and everything related to life in general. I get excited with exploring new ideas that promote connection, self-improvement and happiness.
I am a passionate and compassionate person always searching for opportunities to grow and help others grow as well.
I always investigate what's underneath the surface.
I do extra research if necessary.
I don’t come with my work alone.
I bring to you the cutting-edge of scientific research and wisdom from great teachers and pioneers across the world in the area of sleep, psychology, neuroscience and relationships.